The positive effects of Digitalization on today’s generation?

 

The positive effects of Digitalization on today’s generation?

From my background in the world of souvenirs, brand merchandising and music, the word digitalization was so close to digitization I was totally going down the wrong path. Then I reread the word and spelling and thought WTH is that!?

Digitization is the process of converting from analog to digital form. I would have pictures or logos digitized to a computer disk for embroidery machines. My former Husband would have his music recordings converted to sound waves for computer editing. I totally get this

But….

 Digitalization

on social life – in other words, how people interact. As such interactions move away from analog technologies (snail mail, telephone calls) to digital ones (email, chat, social media), both work and leisure domains become digitalized.

Gartner also weighs in on this term. “Digitalization is the use of digital technologies to change a business model and provide new revenue and value-producing opportunities,” according to Gartner’s glossary. “It is the process of moving to a digital business.”

I had to look it up.

I don’t know what I find positive these days after the last couple of years, Covid fights, insurrections, election rigging etc. but before all of that, amazing things have happened with the creation of all the Apps. Facebook and messenger are the only 2 I can keep up with but without them I would have no contact at all with all my friends and family. In my area we live in a black out zone. We have no connectivity to cell or internet, so a lot of people got real tried of me losing contact with always right in the middle of something you really wanted to talk about or when you were getting an answer to something you’ve been dying to hear about for months. I moved away from everyone I have known for the last 20 years and don’t really know a lot of people other than the people I share a house with and am so grateful to have messenger. Another thing I found during covid via you tube Facebook is podcasts that if not for them I don’t know what I would do. One is a bunch of guys from Saskatchewan and Alberta that started a Facebook and YouTube podcast on Tuesdays at 2 called Toque talks. Absolutely saved my life would recommend to anyone who loves music especially Canadian music and Musicians should totally check them out:

Toque Talk – Wow their blog doesn’t even begin to say anything about where they started and how far they have come.

Comments