Life Changing Inventions

 I was sent a video the other day that this memory would never be possible without the invention of the video camera. I have drawers full of dat tapes from a camera I purchased many years ago. I rarely watch any of them because my camera died before the invention of dat tape to computer so the only way I can come up with to watch them requires a couple of hours attaching the right cables to the right plug ins to the right TV input. Sigh.... some day I will find the time. In the mean time I hope you enjoy this walk down memory lane as much as I did.

 



 I remember we had to load the 20ft Mushroom bar in by massive crane before we put the roof on, the table clothes were imported from Malaysia and not easy to replace so we had to have special glass made to cover them, the bar stools were all individually made. If one of the robotic gorillas or elephants broke down we had to fly up a robotics expert from the USA, the 6000 gallon fish tanks that had to have certified scuba divers climb in and clean every morning, the sub floor that had to be built under the floor to protect Chapters book store below us in case of a leak. I could not remember a single staff members name but remember Tracy the talking tree, Nile the crocodile, Maya the Jaguar, Cha cha the tree frog, Ozzy the orangutan, Bamba the gorilla, Tuki the elephant and every single parrots name that had there own shower and room with air exchange that was nicer than my office. I personally taught Nicky to say "I'm a bad bird!" (That almost got me fired but then everyone thought it was so cute). We also had one of the biggest kitchens ever built. I was responsible for the 2000 sq ft retail village that we by the 3rd build in Yorkdale Mall had been sized down along with everything else. All 3 RFC had been built inside of 2 years, no wonder it is all a blur.


Comments